Founder/Director The Conscious Dying Institute
Adjunct Faculty, University of Colorado School of Nursing
WCSI Faculty Associate
WCSI Cartias Coach®
Tarron Estes is a native Tennessean now living in Boulder Colorado.
Tarron Estes is the founder and director of The Conscious Dying Institute of Boulder, Colorado; a Faculty of The Watson Caring Science Institute (WCSI) and Adjunct Faculty with University of Colorado School of Nursing. She is a charter member of NEDAlliance.org, a newly forming collective of end of life educators creating standards of care, scope of practice, and a Practicum for graduates of End of Life Doula Programs.
She designs and facilitates onsite (onsite) “Sacred Passage: End of Life Doula Certificates” in the U.S. and Canada where she has trained and certified over 750 End of Life Doulas since the onset of the institute in 2013. Graduates of the End of Life Doula Certificate may continue their journey by joining the Masters Path, becoming Conscious Dying Educators who “Restore Death to it’s Sacred Place in the Beauty, Mystery, and Celebration of Life in their local communities.
She Offers Online and Onsite programs called: “Best Three Months: End of Life Coaching and Care Planning” to Hospital Staff and Clinical Professionals, Senior Care Staff and Community Residents, Faith Based Community Members.
Tarron’s work supports anyone who desires to serve patients and families before, during and after the final moments of life. As Strategic Business Partner In Health Care & Palliative Innovation she brings over 28 years experience leading non-profit organizations and corporations supporting patients, families, caregivers, and health professionals toward personal, professional, and system-wide transformation. As A faculty with WCSI, designed and facilitated “Human Caring Program” for over 500 nursing staff of Kaiser Permanente’s 21 hospitals in Northern California, creating positive improvements in patient satisfaction and nurse patient communication.
- “Sacred Passage Guidance: End of Life Doula Certificate.” These programs produce careers in end of life care and prepare people to connect compassionately with self and others, communicate compassionately and confidently about end of life wishes, and bring comforting healing care to patients, families and all involved during the vulnerable transitions and healing portal surrounding death.
- “The Best Three Months of Life: Conscious Dying Coaching and Care” offers city and system-wide initiatives that improve patient satisfaction, quality of life, and staff satisfaction and retention. This end-of-life education, engagement and life fulfillment course increases a caregiver’s capacity to offer healing care guided by wishes of families and patients facing critical illness and death. This care goes beyond advanced directives toward living out of patient and family wishes, culminating in the “Best Three Months of Life”.
In her own words: “My passion is creating sacred space– a trusting, caring and healing learning environment that supports the recognition of who we truly are. To remember our true nature, our authentic being, which is essential and timeless. To experience that all living beings and we exist in an interconnected field of loving energy that supports all life. Along with this essential remembering, my work includes supporting individuals and organizations to discover and live out their unique purpose- to activate the skills, gifts and talents that we were born to express in the world.”
Education & Certifications
- B.A. Creative Writing/Journalism, University of New Hampshire
- Certified Nutritional Counselor, New England Nutrition Association (Boston, Ma)
- Certified Massage Therapist, Regina School of Massage, (Carmel, CA)
- Certified Alaya Process Therapist & Trainer (Boulder, CO)
- Certified Transformational Professional Coach and Transformational Learning Specialist, Leading Learning Communities (Boulder, CO)
- Caritas Coach,® Watson Caring Science Institute