Caring Science, Mindful Practice – Free Online Course
This free online course
provides tools to enhance caring practices in everyday work environments. Anyone interested in consciously cultivating caring can take the course. Learners will be introduced to Watson’s Caring Science. Exploration and learning related to key concepts will be supported through the introduction of mindfulness practice, reflective narrative, and contemplative art. Course activities include video lectures, Power Point presentations, readings, and asynchronous interactive discussion board postings.
Asynchronous online discussion, moderated by a team of educators knowledgeable in Caring Science, will provide a forum for ongoing interaction and discovery among participants during each 4-week class session. Certificates of completion will be earned by participants who complete all of the course learning modules.
Course offered in January and May.
Visit website for next enrollment
- Explain Watson’s 10 Caritas Processes™
- Describe how mindfulness practice might be useful in supporting deepened understanding and practice of Caring Science
- Provide professional examples that illustrate Watson’s 10 Caritas Processes™
- Provide professional examples that illustrate Transpersonal Caring Moments
- Discuss how Watson’s Caritas Consciousness Touchstones for Cultivating Love might be useful in everyday professional caring practice.
- Providing course specific reading materials in either print and/or online formats
- Asynchronous online postings and discussion boards
- Online reflective journaling
- Multimedia presentations as appropriate in the online setting
- Mindfulness and cultivating understanding of Watson’s Theory of Caring
- Overview of Waton’s Theory
- Thich Nhat Hanh’s 5 mindfulness trainings
- Transpersonal Caring Moments
- The 10 Caritas Processes™
- Caritas Consciousness Touchstones for Cultivating Love
This class will be pass/fail. Students earning 80% of the total points available in the course will receive a passing grade and earn the corresponding certificate of completion.
I am so thankful for this course. I feel that it has taught me not only how to help others but how to help myself. It has helped me evaluate my perspectives and be more open to the many mysteries of life. Things are not black and white and there is so much beauty in the world and I feel that this course has encouraged me to find and cherish that beauty… Jensyn
Thank you for the support that was freely given by our teachers and colleagues. It was a true experience of caring.Carol
Thank you for this wonderful opportunity to reflect on Caring Science and learn from so many wonderful practitioners across the world.Grissel
This course has had a profound effect on me in recharging my “caring” batteries. I felt fatigued, drained, and nearly burnt out at the end of this past semester and desperately needed the infusion of caring, therapeutic sharing, encouragement, and inspiration that the collective wisdom of this course afforded. A big THANK YOU to everyone! 🙂Joy
This course has been rich with wisdom and included practical ways to integrate caring science and mindful practice into my professional life and work.Patricia