Caring Science, Mindful Practice – Free Global Online Course
Asynchronous discussion, moderated by a team of educators knowledgeable in Caring Science, will provide a forum for ongoing interaction and discovery among participants during each 4-week class session. Certificates of completion will be earned by participants who complete all of the course learning modules.
Upcoming course schedule:
January & September
- Explain Watson’s 10 Caritas Processes®
- Describe how mindfulness practice might be useful in supporting deepened understanding and practice of Caring Science
- Provide professional examples that illustrate Watson’s 10 Caritas Processes®
- Provide professional examples that illustrate Transpersonal Caring Moments
- Discuss how Watson’s Caritas Consciousness Touchstones for Cultivating Love might be useful in everyday professional caring practice.
- Providing course specific reading materials in either print and/or online formats
- Asynchronous online postings and discussion boards
- Online reflective journaling
- Multimedia presentations as appropriate in the online setting
- Mindfulness and cultivating understanding of Watson’s Theory of Caring
- Overview of Waton’s Theory
- Thich Nhat Hanh’s 5 mindfulness trainings
- Transpersonal Caring Moments
- The 10 Caritas Processes®
- Caritas Consciousness Touchstones for Cultivating Love
This class will be pass/fail. Students earning 80% of the total points available in the course will receive a passing grade and earn the corresponding certificate of completion.Register
AHNA Approved CNE Program
This continuing nursing education activity was approved by the American Holistic Nurses Association (AHNA), an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. AHNA Approval # 1308.
The Watson Caring Science Institute will provide 20 contact hours to registered nurses who successfully complete the course and provide proof of completion within 60 days of completion.
- Contact Hours are available for 60 days following each course.
- Must attach scan of certificate of completion for Caring Science Mindful Practice course.
- Deadline for the January 7 – February 4, 2019 course is April 4, 2019.
Share this Event