Healing with the Arts™: Transpersonal Nursing as Ontological Artist
Jan 20 - Apr 14, 2022 | ONLINE
Rediscover the Art of Nursing
Deepen and ignite your passion for nursing through a 12-week, transformational journey of listening to your inner artist. This course is an opportunity for self discovery by tapping into your creativity as a way of healing yourself and others. During these twelve weeks, we will unlock the inner resources that are already deep within you.
It is a sacred space to thrive and explore expressions of creativity in a small, supportive community of other nurses.
The foundation of this course is based on Mary’s personal experiences, her book Healing with the Arts, co-authored by Michael Samuels, MD and the work of Dr. Jean Watson and her book Postmodern Nursing & Beyond.
Healing with the Arts is a powerful way to cope with the stresses of your life and create a deeper, emotional connection to your patients, self and others.
Facilitated by Mary Rockwood Lane, RN, PhD, FAAN
Author | Speaker | Artist | Activist | Caritas Coach®
40 Contact Hours
AHNA Approval #1524
Endorsed by: Watson Caring Science Institute
Cost: $297 (including CEUs)
Bringing the artistry of mindful awareness into your nursing practice.
Transpersonal: consciousness beyond the limits of personal identity.
Ontological: dealing with the nature of being.
- Build a foundation to integrate arts into clinical practice, using your nursing knowledge and caring theory of caring-healing arts
- Unlock your own creative process, using guided imagery, to move toward mind-body-spirit wholeness
- Integrate advanced nursing therapeutics into your practice, including visual arts, written word, movement and music
- Explore the mediums that are most meaningful to you in self-care, personal growth, and transformation
- Learn from those alongside you in the journey toward transpersonal knowing as an ontological artist through the caring, supportive online community
- Create an original art piece that reflects your path toward personal healing and wholeness, which, when shared with others, helps them in their own journeys as well
- Rediscover the passion that led you toward caring-healing practice, allowing you to integrate skill and technique with creativity and joy
This course will feature video teachings, live Zoom sessions with Dr. Mary Rockwood Lane, and guided interaction within small, intimate cohorts designed to help you engage with the material and gain a deeper level of understanding. Lessons will focus on your identity as artist-healer, and how you can engage your inner resources to care for yourself and care for others.
The time commitment is only 2 hours each week for modules, Zoom calls and any personal studio time you desire. It is a 12 week program but there is flexibility with the end point and we will allow a few more weeks to complete if required. CEUs will be awarded when the course is completed.
WHAT YOU'LL RECEIVE
- Weekly emails with exclusive video and written content from course facilitators
- Access to a private Facebook Group with facilitated discussion and connection with your fellow learners
- 6 live Zoom video sessions with Dr. Mary Rockwood Lane
- Interactive assignments and opportunities to explore different art forms in a guided and safe environment
- A small cohort of 3 people for deeper sharing and connection
- Complete lists of art supplies with online links so you can unleash your own inner artist
Upon completion of the course the learner will be able to:
- Utilize nursing knowledge and caring theory of caring-healing arts to provide a foundation to integrate arts into clinical practice.
- Apply the creative arts processes and guided imagery techniques to facilitate human expression of mind, body, spirit experiences of wholeness.
- Apply advanced nursing therapeutics of the creative arts, visual arts, movement, music and written word into unitary caring praxis.
- Identify which mediums can be utilized to promote self-growth, self-care and personal transformation in sharing their final project.
- Demonstrate transpersonal knowing as a ontological artist with a submitted original art project and reflection with the online community
- Samuels, M. & Rockwood-Lane, M. (2013). Healing with the Arts. Beyond Words: Hillsboro Oregon.
- Watson, J. (2010). Postmodern Nursing and Beyond (revised edition). Boulder: University of Colorado.
Join the Caritas Nurse Movement.
Nurses are the change makers of the future of healthcare.
You are the light the world needs now.
Crisis of Confidence
Nurses are in a crisis of confidence, trapped inside a system that does not value their true commitment to caring.
Business-based models are driving clinical practice, focusing on the bottom-line vs. a caring-connection value system.
These conflicting values create moral and ethical dilemmas resulting in personal disconnection, emotional distress, frustration, anger and apathy.
Add a pandemic and the crisis is compounded, creating a tipping point where nurses and health professionals are actually leaving their jobs.
We are exhausted, stressed and depleted. We have nothing left.
... but, there is a way to heal and replenish “self” from an unexpected source … your own creativity
Your creativity is a portal to the potential of living your most authentic life.
Official Approval Statement: This nursing continuing professional development activity was approved by the American Holistic Nurses Association (AHNA), an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. Approved through 08/20/2022.
AHNA Non-endorsement of Modality Statement: Approval for contact hours through the American Holistic Nurses Association (AHNA) is based on an assessment of the educational merit of this program and does not constitute endorsement of the use of any specific modality in the care of clients.