Healing with the Arts™: Transpersonal Nursing as Ontological Artist
October 21 - January 12, 2021 | Online
Welcome Nurses | Artists | Healers!
This unique, 12-week online course is designed to engage the nurse, artist and healer that you are (and may not even know it)!
This course is an opportunity for you to turn your attention inward and tap into the inner wellspring of your creativity, light, brilliance and capabilities. Healing with the Arts can be a powerful way to cope with the stresses of caregiving.
Endorsed by Watson Caring Science Institute
40 Contact Hours
AHNA Approval #1524
Cost: $297 (including CEUs)
This course is an opportunity for self discovery by tapping into your creativity as a way of healing. This course will unlock the inner resources that are deep within you!
Learners will learn to translate art into caring science and make art part of self-care practices. Learners will expand and deepen their caring literacy by deepening their knowledge and practices of presence, loving-kindness, compassion, deep listening and connection through the arts, including: visual arts, dance, writing, music, and song; and caring science micro-practices of breathing, meditation, guided imagery and story telling.
Upon completion of the course the learner will be able to:
- Utilize nursing knowledge and caring theory of caring-healing arts to provide a foundation to integrate arts into clinical practice.
- Apply the creative arts processes and guided imagery techniques to facilitate human expression of mind, body, spirit experiences of wholeness.
- Apply advanced nursing therapeutics of the creative arts, visual arts, movement, music and written word into unitary caring praxis.
- Identify which mediums can be utilized to promote self-growth, self-care and personal transformation in sharing their final project.
- Demonstrate transpersonal knowing as a ontological artist with a submitted original art project and reflection with the online community
- The Nurse as the Ontological Artist for Caring and Healing
- Visual arts in Healthcare
- Music in Healthcare
- Movement in Healthcare
- Word in Healthcare
- Conclusion and Healing Art Project
- Samuels, M. & Rockwood-Lane, M. (2013). Healing with the Arts. Beyond Words: Hillsboro Oregon.
- Watson, J. (2010). Postmodern Nursing and Beyond (revised edition). Boulder: University of Colorado.
Official Approval Statement: This nursing continuing professional development activity was approved by the American Holistic Nurses Association (AHNA), an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. Approved through 08/20/2022.
AHNA Non-endorsement of Modality Statement: Approval for contact hours through the American Holistic Nurses Association (AHNA) is based on an assessment of the educational merit of this program and does not constitute endorsement of the use of any specific modality in the care of clients.