March 13-15, 2020 | The Old Ship Hotel, Brighton, UK
WCSI European Summit — connect/collaborate/explore with Caring Science colleagues
WCSI is developing a traveling European ‘Hub’ to support and enrich Caring Science scholarship and intellectual-experiential educational activities, and professional development, throughout Europe. You are invited to the summit to discuss how and in what way we can work to achieve this. Our aim is to learn from each other through shared work of original educational-clinical scholarship, celebrate your ideas, diverse forms of caring inquiry and theory-guided caring healing praxis.
Some ideas we will discuss:
- Caritas Coach Education Program in Europe — our popular 6 month course with a live weekend at the beginning and end – deep dive into self-reflection and Caring Science – for care providers from various health and community-oriented institutions and non-profit organisations as well as individuals on their own personal journey who wish to restore and deepen their commitment to sustaining and radiating authentic practices of human caring-healing in our life, work and world.
- Weekend or Day Retreats — Peer Review check ins; followed by theory-guided Caring- Healing Modality workshops (i.e. Reiki, Healing Touch, Qi Gong; Flower Essences; Conscious Dying Coach; Walking the Labyrinth, Healing with the Arts)
- Self-Care and Reflection — An opportunity to connect with yourself and other. This weekend will create space for inner Self reflection, extending to Communitas.
- International European Caritas Consortium — a two-day interactive and collaborative professional practice gathering that brings together individuals who are actively engaged in implementing Caring Science and human caring theory in education/practice/research. This Consortium ideally would rotate among different European sponsored sites.
Pre-summit evening Friday 13th March – 7pm to 10pm
informal drinks and meal at a local pub (tbc)
DAY 1: SATURDAY, 14th March – 9am to 5pm
We will begin the day with a short meditation followed by introductions and aims of the summit. Using the 4 themes below as a starting point, while open to new emerging themes. We will work in both small and large groups to develop and explore our mission to offer and develop WCSI in Europe (Is it needed? What does it look like? How can you help?) After lunch there will be an opportunity to Walk the Labyrinth Meditation as well as a healing modality workshop session. At the end of the day we will have a live webinar to hear Jean speak about her current work including a Q&A session.
DAY 2: SUNDAY, March 15th – 9am to 2pm
We will begin the reflective session with a silent meditation walk along the sea (weather permitting). After coffee and croissants, we will sum up the experience and agree next steps.
Total registration fee is £55.00 to cover the cost of the room and lunch. We estimate there will be about 25 people.
- Bed & Breakfast – special offer £110.00 per room per night *single occupancy, bed & breakfast only
(Rate valid for Friday 13th / Saturday 14th March 2020 only).
- Dinner, Bed & Breakfast – £135.00 per room *single occupancy – only available for the first night only (Friday 13th March 2020)
- Bedrooms will be held on an allocation code basis until the 13th Feb
- TO BOOK YOUR ROOM: Please contact the hotel directly: +44 1273 329001 using the promo code: CARE140320
There are many other Hotels nearby, as well as many airbnb’s.
Venue Location: The Old Ship Hotel, Kings Road, Brighton, BN1 1NR, UK telephone +441273 329001
- Julie Watson, WCSI Faculty, Caritas Coach, Managing Editor Lotus Library +447500965757
- Anna Biley, WCSI Faculty & Doctoral Scholar, Author
- Mary Rockwood Lane, WCSI Faculty, Caritas Global Ambassador Certified Facilitator and Caritas Life Coach
- Héctor Rosso, WCSI Faculty, Caritas Coach, WCSI Doctoral Scholar, Author
Our WCSI European ‘Hub’ mission is divided into four strands:
RESEARCH — To explore, expand, evidence and translate practices of Caring Science as Sacred Science in order elevate higher dimensions of health, healing and human flourishing
EDUCATION — To share inspired scholarly practices through personal stories, and insights to radiate authentic narrative practices of human caring-healing in our life, work and world
PRAXIS, LEADERSHIP & COMMUNITY — Renew self and system through personal reflection and connection with community/comm
LEGACY — Advance Caring Science as a source of cultural-professional transformation toward whole person/whole system, theory-guided caring-healing scholarship, practices and health care for all.
Share this Event
- March 13, 2020 - March 15, 2020
7:00 pm - 2:00 pm