Assessing and Measuring Caring in Nursing and Health Sciences: Watson’s Caring Science Guide, Third Edition
Publish date: March 28, 2019
New to the Third Edition:
- Includes a comprehensive literature review of the research and measurement of caring
- Updates all instruments and tools to reflect how each has been used in the past ten years
- Presents new instruments including “Student Perceptions of Caring Online”
- Offers an updated section dedicated to challenges and future directions of the measurement of caring
- Provides new chapter on assessing and measuring caring in digital/cyberspace settings
- Updates references to reflect new literature
- Discusses global developments in assessing and measuring caring
- Contains a broad range of validated instruments to measure caring in an expanding array of health care settings including clinical, academic, and community
- Serves as a valuable resource for PhD, DNP, and other graduate students to support their dissertations and projects
- Constitutes a key resource in clinical settings where clinicians have opportunities to measure caring among nurses, patients, and interdisciplinary colleagues
- Aids health care institutions applying for Magnet Status
Kathleen Sitzman PhD, RN, CNE, ANEF (Author)
Jean Watson, PhD, RN, AHN-BC, FAAN (Editor)
Pub. Date: March 28, 2019
416 pp., Softcover
The only text to contain a broad range of validated instruments to measure caring.
This text is the only comprehensive and accessible collection of validated and reliable instruments for care measurement in clinical and educational nursing and health professions research. These measurements address quality of care; patient, client, and nurse perceptions of caring; and caring behaviors, abilities, and efficacy. The third edition is updated throughout and includes a comprehensive literature review of the research and measurement of caring. It features several new tools and instruments, and updates all established tools and instruments to reflect how each has been used in the past ten years. The third edition also presents a new chapter on assessing and measuring caring in digital/cyberspace settings, discusses global developments in assessing and measuring caring, and provides an updated section dedicated to the challenges and future directions of caring measurement.
Each tool/instrument is presented according to a standard framework for ease of use. This framework includes a description of each tool/instrument and its origin, its development and use, key citations for its use, and its theoretical origin and access.