WCSI Caritas Community Conference 2023
Registration — SOLD OUT!
Early Bird Rate: $300 — through May 15th
Standard Rate: $350 — after May 15th
- Limited availably, please register as soon as possible
- Breakfast and Lunch included
- 100% refund if cancelling by May 15th
- 75% refund if cancelling by June 15th
- 0% refund if cancelling after June 15th
Substitutions Substitutions (name only) will be honored by June 30th.
Fundraising Dinner with Jean Watson
July 15, 2023 | 7:00 - 9:00 PM
$150 per seat or $1,000 for a table of 8*
~ SOLD OUT! ~
- Lovingly sponsored by Kaiser Permanente Nurse Scholars Academy
- Jean reading from her new book The Metaphysics and Cosmology of Love (draft title; pub. date Nov 2023)
- Separate event with limited seating
- Dinner option closes on June 15th or when sold out
2115 13th St Boulder, CO 80302
Reservations Phone: 303.442.4344 #1
Group Reservations: #270495
Reservations may be made up to June 9th or upon availability within the block.
The Denver Airport is about 45 minutes from Boulder. You will be responsible for your transportation to the hotel. Here are a few options:
Uniting in Interpretation
Shared learning experiences from the Caritas Community
- Defining Watson's Caring Science — from the fundamentals of the 10 Caritas Processes® to the Theory of Human Caring.
- Presentations from CNO's, Deans and WCSI Affiliates about real life examples of how to implement Watson's Caring Science in your system/school.
- Professional/personal development — learn with and from Dr. Watson, AAN Living Legend about the evolution of Watson's Caring Science and the Theory of Human Caring through her personal journey, stories, discoveries and writings.
- Experiential workshops — coming together in Communitas to share various healing modalities and connect with colleagues.
- Time and space to BE.
- Oh, and there's dancing too. We mustn't forget to dance!
Expressions of Watson's Caring Science
How does Watson's Caring Science guide your practice?
- Principles — What are the 10 Caritas Processes® and how can I refer to them in my own practice?
- Experience — How do I incorporate my own experience / voice / modality into my professional practice?
- Progression — How can we as a profession move this work forward in a unified way?
- Voice — How do we give voice and language to that which we are already doing?
- Unity — How can we connect with Watson Caring Science colleagues throughout the world; feel part of a movement towards healing and health equity?
- Outreach — How can we share with ourselves and each other in order to inform our practice with caring for patient / staff / communities / planet?
July 14-16, 2023
- Evening reception with Jean and WCSI Faculty
- Presentations from our WCSI Affiliates sharing real life examples on how theory meets the unit floor.
- Experiential artistic workshops / healing modalities
- A Watson Room example
- A Fundraising Dinner lovingly sponsored by Kaiser Permanente Nurse Scholars Academy featuring Jean Watson reading selections from her new book.
- An evening of dancing
- Jean's Closing Whoosh... and so much more!!
NOTE: Certificates of Completion will be awarded. Contact Hours are being applied for.
July 15, 2023
Offering three 45 minute sessions for each workshop.
Optional Sunrise Workshops
Saturday & Sunday mornings.
If you would like to make a tax-deductible donation to the conference, please click the button below.