We invite you to join us monthly for a chance to return to your Caritas Community to share and reconnect.
August 21, 2021 | Agenda & Theme
TOPIC: The Healing Power of Music
Extraordinaire Pianist Clariece Paulk
There are pianists who know music…. can read it, play it, record it, even compose and arrange it. Then there are people who Make it, it’s different. It sings! It fluid! It opens a portal for healing! It flows with the notes all coming together in a heavenly sound that seems to be formatted in a divine mandate. It’s more than a group of notes strung together. It is a combination of melody, harmony, and rhythm that falls on the ear and causes the heart to sing.
Clariece Paulk Makes Music and Fosters Healing through her Music!
Facilitators: Marcy B. Newman and Cheryl Handy, Caritas Coach®
Every 3rd Saturday of the Month | One Hour
~ 8am Pacific
~ 9am Mountain
~ 10am Central
~ 11am Eastern
Free. Available to anyone.
Zoom Link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/82763646929
~ September 18
~ October 16
~ November 20
Facilitated for WCSI by:
Marcy B Newman, DACM, RN, MPH, Employee Whole Health Program Manager, Phoenix VA Health Care System. Marcy teaches/practices: iRest Meditation, Chair Yoga, Guided Imagery, Metta Meditation, Diaphragmatic Breathing and Body Scan.
Lauren Khalifeh, BSN,RN, HNC-BC, CAPH Holistic Coordinator for St. Joseph’s University Medical Center, Paterson, NJ. Lauren practices Pranic Healing - Prayer Based Healing (Energy Healing), Free Soul Technique, Meditations, Guided Imagery, Hand Massage, Drumming and Om Mani Padme Hum session, EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique).
Jennifer Drake, DNP RN NPD-BC ONC, Caritas Coach®, Caring Science Mindful Practice Faculty, Clinical Educator for Onboarding Inova Alexandria Hospital, Virginia
Got an agenda item?
Contact Marcy Newman at email@example.com
To create a sacred and safe space for the Caring Science community to share healing modalities (i.e. Caritas moments, healing poems, meditation, yoga, music, etc.), and connect with one another.
- Hold a monthly 1 hour zoom session with a set structure
- Allow for 10-15 minutes of open sharing at the end
- Have a group of moderators to organize and facilitate each session (rota)
- Assign 1 moderator per session/set a schedule for 6 months
Structure of Each Session
- Opening reflection, calling us to the space in stillness and presence (by moderator/facilitator)
- Offer space for a maximum of 3 healing, sharing moments of 5-10 minutes each
- Open sharing time around 10-15 minutes
- Closing (5 minutes)
- Caritas Healing Connection sessions are not an alternative for professional therapy or training.
- We celebrate each other but this is not a space to showcase professional achievements.
To put your name forward to offer either a modality/reading or to facilitate please contact Marcy Newman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Share this Page