We invite you to join us monthly for a chance to return to your Caritas Community to share and reconnect.
March 20, 2021 | Agenda & Theme
Theme: Caring Science meets Heart Science potentiating Healing and Wellness
Opening — 5 minutes
Opening Reading (Being a Spiritual Warrior) and introduction of presenter — Cheryl Handy, Caritas Coach®, HMCT — 5 minutes
HeartMath Presentation — Jeffrey Frenchman, DPM, HMCT — 30-40 minutes
Q&A — 10 minutes
Closing Reading (Because We Hunkered Down) — Carole Bergin, Certified Healing Touch Practitioner (CHTP) — 5 minutes
Every 3rd Saturday of the Month | One Hour
~ 8am Pacific
~ 9am Mountain
~ 10am Central
~ 11am Eastern
Free. Available to anyone.
Zoom Link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/82763646929
~ April 17
~ May 15
~ June 19
Facilitated for WCSI by:
Marcy B Newman, DACM, RN, MPH, Employee Whole Health Program Manager, Phoenix VA Health Care System. Marcy teaches/practices: iRest Meditation, Chair Yoga, Guided Imagery, Metta Meditation, Diaphragmatic Breathing and Body Scan.
Lauren Khalifeh, BSN,RN, HNC-BC, CAPH Holistic Coordinator for St. Joseph’s University Medical Center, Paterson, NJ. Lauren practices Pranic Healing - Prayer Based Healing (Energy Healing), Free Soul Technique, Meditations, Guided Imagery, Hand Massage, Drumming and Om Mani Padme Hum session, EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique).
Jennifer Drake, DNP RN NPD-BC ONC, Caritas Coach®, Caring Science Mindful Practice Faculty, Clinical Educator for Onboarding Inova Alexandria Hospital, Virginia
Got an agenda item?
Contact Marcy Newman at firstname.lastname@example.org
To create a sacred and safe space for the Caring Science community to share healing modalities (i.e. Caritas moments, healing poems, meditation, yoga, music, etc.), and connect with one another.
- Hold a monthly 1 hour zoom session with a set structure
- Allow for 10-15 minutes of open sharing at the end
- Have a group of moderators to organize and facilitate each session (rota)
- Assign 1 moderator per session/set a schedule for 6 months
Structure of Each Session
- Opening reflection, calling us to the space in stillness and presence (by moderator/facilitator)
- Offer space for a maximum of 3 healing, sharing moments of 5-10 minutes each
- Open sharing time around 10-15 minutes
- Closing (5 minutes)
- Caritas Healing Connection sessions are not an alternative for professional therapy or training.
- We celebrate each other but this is not a space to showcase professional achievements.
To put your name forward to offer either a modality/reading or to facilitate please contact Marcy Newman at email@example.com.
Share this Page