We invite you to join us monthly for a chance to return to your Caritas Community to share and reconnect.
Agenda & Theme
TOPIC: The Mystery & Miracle of Laughter
Presented by: Patti O'Rourke, BC, CCRN-K, CHPN, HN-BC, HWNC-BC, NBC-HWC
- Describe how Meditation and Humor matter
- Discuss the benefits of Laughter
- Discuss Humor Research
- Identify how to get more laughter in your day
Patti's BIO: Patti is a pioneer in practicing and teaching complementary modalities at the bedside and in the communities where she lives and works. She is a nurse healer, educator, mentor, and coach. Her mission is to serve her God, country, and her profession. She teaches locally & internationally. After 52 years as a civilian nurse, a Navy nurse, and a VA nurse, is now in private practice.
- Diploma of Nursing – Mary Immaculate Hospital School of Nursing
- BSN – Long Island University
- MA – New York University
Free. Available to all. Every 3rd Saturday of the month. One hour.
~ 8am Pacific
~ 9am Mountain
~ 10am Central
~ 11am Eastern
Zoom Link: bit.ly/WCSI-CHC
- Feb 19, 2022
- Mar 19, 2022
- Apr 16, 2022
- May 21, 2022
- Jun 18, 2022
- Jul 16, 2022
- Aug 20, 2022
- Sep 17, 2022
- Oct 15, 2022
- Nov 19, 2022
- Dec 17, 2022
Facilitated for WCSI by:
Marcy B Newman, DACM, RN, MPH, Employee Whole Health Program Manager, Phoenix VA Health Care System. Marcy teaches/practices: iRest Meditation, Chair Yoga, Guided Imagery, Metta Meditation, Diaphragmatic Breathing and Body Scan.
Lauren Khalifeh, BSN,RN, HNC-BC, CAPH Holistic Coordinator for St. Joseph’s University Medical Center, Paterson, NJ. Lauren practices Pranic Healing - Prayer Based Healing (Energy Healing), Free Soul Technique, Meditations, Guided Imagery, Hand Massage, Drumming and Om Mani Padme Hum session, EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique).
Jennifer Drake, DNP RN NPD-BC ONC, Caritas Coach®, Caring Science Mindful Practice Faculty, Clinical Educator for Onboarding Inova Alexandria Hospital, Virginia
Got an agenda item?
Contact Marcy Newman at email@example.com
To create a sacred and safe space for the Caring Science community to share healing modalities (i.e. Caritas moments, healing poems, meditation, yoga, music, etc.), and connect with one another.
- Hold a monthly 1 hour zoom session with a set structure
- Allow for 10-15 minutes of open sharing at the end
- Have a group of moderators to organize and facilitate each session (rotate)
- Assign 1 moderator per session/set a schedule for 6 months
Structure of Each Session
- Opening reflection, calling us to the space in stillness and presence (by moderator/facilitator)
- Offer space for a maximum of 3 healing, sharing moments of 5-10 minutes each
- Open sharing time around 10-15 minutes
- Closing (5 minutes)
- Caritas Healing Connection sessions are not an alternative for professional therapy or training.
- We celebrate each other but this is not a space to showcase professional achievements.
To put your name forward to offer either a modality/reading or to facilitate please contact Marcy Newman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Share this Page