We invite you to join us monthly for a chance to return to your Caritas Community to share and reconnect.
Jun 18, 2022 | Agenda & Theme
NOTE: No May event due to the Caritas Community Conference
TOPIC: acupressure and yoga
Setting the intention through acupressure and yoga, Marcy B. Newman, DACM, RN, MPH will bring her expertise of acupuncture, Oriental Medicine and yoga to help boost your well-being.
Background: Marcy has 3 Masters degrees: acupuncture/Oriental Medicine, public health and nursing, she earned her doctorate in Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine in 2019 and is proud to be a Caritas Coach®(Cohort 24) and an IRest Yoga Nidra certified teacher. She is a physiology professor for Pacific College of Health and Science in the Master of Health and Performance (health coaching). Marcy loves helping others on their healing path.
Free. Available to all. Every 3rd Saturday of the month. One hour.
~ 8am Pacific
~ 9am Mountain
~ 10am Central
~ 11am Eastern
Zoom Link: bit.ly/WCSI-CHC
- May 21, 2022 — No May event due to the Caritas Community Conference
- Jun 18, 2022
- Jul 16, 2022
- Aug 20, 2022
- Sep 17, 2022
- Oct 15, 2022
- Nov 19, 2022
- Dec 17, 2022
Facilitated for WCSI by:
Marcy B Newman, DACM, RN, MPH, Employee Whole Health Program Manager, Phoenix VA Health Care System. Marcy teaches/practices: iRest Meditation, Chair Yoga, Guided Imagery, Metta Meditation, Diaphragmatic Breathing and Body Scan.
Lauren Khalifeh, BSN,RN, HNC-BC, CAPH Holistic Coordinator for St. Joseph’s University Medical Center, Paterson, NJ. Lauren practices Pranic Healing - Prayer Based Healing (Energy Healing), Free Soul Technique, Meditations, Guided Imagery, Hand Massage, Drumming and Om Mani Padme Hum session, EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique).
Jennifer Drake, DNP RN NPD-BC ONC, Caritas Coach®, Caring Science Mindful Practice Faculty, Clinical Educator for Onboarding Inova Alexandria Hospital, Virginia
Got an agenda item?
Contact Marcy Newman at firstname.lastname@example.org
To create a sacred and safe space for the Caring Science community to share healing modalities (i.e. Caritas moments, healing poems, meditation, yoga, music, etc.), and connect with one another.
- Hold a monthly 1 hour zoom session with a set structure
- Allow for 10-15 minutes of open sharing at the end
- Have a group of moderators to organize and facilitate each session (rotate)
- Assign 1 moderator per session/set a schedule for 6 months
Structure of Each Session
- Opening reflection, calling us to the space in stillness and presence (by moderator/facilitator)
- Offer space for a maximum of 3 healing, sharing moments of 5-10 minutes each
- Open sharing time around 10-15 minutes
- Closing (5 minutes)
- Caritas Healing Connection sessions are not an alternative for professional therapy or training.
- We celebrate each other but this is not a space to showcase professional achievements.
To put your name forward to offer either a modality/reading or to facilitate please contact Marcy Newman at email@example.com.
Share this Page