We invite you to join us monthly for a chance to return to your Caritas Community to share and reconnect.
May 15, 2021 | Agenda & Theme
Theme: Getting to the Heart of Story: a reflective poetic practice
Presented by A. Lynne Wagner, EdD, MSN, RN, FACCE, Caritas Coach®, HMCT
Reflective practice is a healing modality that helps us explore our personal experiences and relationships. The aesthetic power of poetry expands our knowing of our connected humanity and discovery of personal meaning. Come and enjoy some practical and easy activities to understand poetry and explore poetry-making as part of getting to the essence of human stories (yours and others).
For our activities: Please have available some paper, pen and pencil (color pencils if you have them). Also please cut out two paper heart-shapes of about 4 inches diameter (color paper suggested, but not necessary!).
NOTE: Please allow for 90 minutes.
Every 3rd Saturday of the Month | One Hour
~ 8am Pacific
~ 9am Mountain
~ 10am Central
~ 11am Eastern
Free. Available to anyone.
Zoom Link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/82763646929
~ June 19
~ July 17
~ August 21
Facilitated for WCSI by:
Marcy B Newman, DACM, RN, MPH, Employee Whole Health Program Manager, Phoenix VA Health Care System. Marcy teaches/practices: iRest Meditation, Chair Yoga, Guided Imagery, Metta Meditation, Diaphragmatic Breathing and Body Scan.
Lauren Khalifeh, BSN,RN, HNC-BC, CAPH Holistic Coordinator for St. Joseph’s University Medical Center, Paterson, NJ. Lauren practices Pranic Healing - Prayer Based Healing (Energy Healing), Free Soul Technique, Meditations, Guided Imagery, Hand Massage, Drumming and Om Mani Padme Hum session, EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique).
Jennifer Drake, DNP RN NPD-BC ONC, Caritas Coach®, Caring Science Mindful Practice Faculty, Clinical Educator for Onboarding Inova Alexandria Hospital, Virginia
Got an agenda item?
Contact Marcy Newman at firstname.lastname@example.org
To create a sacred and safe space for the Caring Science community to share healing modalities (i.e. Caritas moments, healing poems, meditation, yoga, music, etc.), and connect with one another.
- Hold a monthly 1 hour zoom session with a set structure
- Allow for 10-15 minutes of open sharing at the end
- Have a group of moderators to organize and facilitate each session (rota)
- Assign 1 moderator per session/set a schedule for 6 months
Structure of Each Session
- Opening reflection, calling us to the space in stillness and presence (by moderator/facilitator)
- Offer space for a maximum of 3 healing, sharing moments of 5-10 minutes each
- Open sharing time around 10-15 minutes
- Closing (5 minutes)
- Caritas Healing Connection sessions are not an alternative for professional therapy or training.
- We celebrate each other but this is not a space to showcase professional achievements.
To put your name forward to offer either a modality/reading or to facilitate please contact Marcy Newman at email@example.com.
Share this Page