Caring Science Measurement Tools & Research
Watson Caritas Patient Score® (WCPS)
The Watson Caritas Patient Score® (WCPS) is a reliable and valid instrument used in hospitals and systems throughout the United States (and other parts of the world) to assess patient perspectives of caring practices of hospital staff. Other versions of the instrument are available to assess self-caring, Caritas leadership, and caring practices of colleagues and peers.
To purchase these tools, please contact email@example.com.
BACKGROUND & RATIONALE
PURPOSE & OBJECTIVES
The purposes of this study are to:
- apply the WCPS® 5 item instrument in a group of acute care institutions using a common “Caring Science” professional practice model
- build an accurate and reliable national comparative database on caring and related outcome variables
- use the data on caring for ongoing performance improvement and clinical investigations
- improve the validity and reliability of the WCPS®
- build a user-generated reporting tool and evaluate its utility to the end user
- appraise the value of the database and
- evaluate relationships among patient perceptions of a caring environment and patient safety and satisfaction indicators.
Using Press Ganey or Qualtrics Now?
If your hospital currently uses the Press Ganey or Qualtrics survey, please contact Dr. Watson directly at firstname.lastname@example.org to facilitate your request for use of Watson Caritas Patient Score (WCPS) instrument.
Please share your results of the outcome of your research using our tools. This will help us to collect Caring Science research and further the field of knowledge in this area for others.
Please send your results to email@example.com.
Caring Science Research — Criteria, Evidence, and Measurement
PATIENT SCORE TRANSLATIONS
~ Validation coming soon ~