Caring Science Measurement Tools & Research
Watson Caritas Measures™
Watson Caring Science Institute has created 7 measurement tools, Watson Caritas Measures, which can be used to assess perspectives of caring practices regarding care for: Patient, Leader, Preceptor, Co-worker, Self, Leader-Self, and Organization.
These tools are reliable and valid instruments used in hospitals and systems throughout the United States and other parts of the world.
The Watson Caritas Measures are available for download for $30 each or all 7 for $200.
Currently enrolled in CCEP?
If you are currently enrolled in CCEP, and would like to use the Watson Caritas Patient Score® for your final project, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request a copy.
Background & Rationale
Purpose & Objectives
- Apply the WCPS five-item instrument in a group of acute care institutions using a common “Caring Science” professional practice model
- Build an accurate and reliable national comparative database on caring and related outcome variables
- Use the data on caring for ongoing performance improvement and clinical investigations
- Improve the validity and reliability of the WCPS
- Build a user-generated reporting tool and evaluate its utility to the end user
- Appraise the value of the database and
- Evaluate relationships among patient perceptions of a caring environment and patient safety and satisfaction indicators.