Postdoc & Caring Science Intensive Summer Program
For continuing and new Postdoctoral students and continuing Senior Scholars, July 5-8, 2022 at the Hotel Boulderado, Boulder, CO.
July 5 — Check-in, dinner, new, in process & continuing participants
July 6-7 — New, in process & continuing participants
July 8 — Advanced Summer Institute for all of the above, graduates and others*
*1-2 spots open to others who wish to join us. Rate TBD.
WCSI Caring Science Postdoctoral / Senior Scholars
One Year Postdoctoral Study
Working closely with Dr. Watson, this exclusive one year program is open to applicants who wish to further their study and knowledge of Caring Science as a guide to an enlightened-unitary, sacred model of science for education, practice, research, and leadership. It is designed to allow for deep personal/professional integration and extension of one’s scholarship and goals into Caring Science as Sacred Science – an interdisciplinary / transdisciplinary field of study and practice.
Requires two, one-week intensive study in one-on-one, intimate setting with Dr. Watson, in July each year followed up with personal, guided contact (telephone or zoom conferencing) with Dr. Watson throughout the year for the full program.
Who Should Attend
Open to nurses/health science professionals who wish a customized intensive Post Doctoral (or others) Scholarly Caring Science program of study.
- $4,400/year for participants who need additional time or wish to continue training with Jean. Pre-approval required.
Deadline to apply:
June 5, 2022
* Costs subject to change without notice.
- A two-page narrative that speaks to the extent of your scholarly experiences and that captures your personal goals, motivation, intentional focus and desired outcomes as a Watson Caring Science Scholar.
- Outline the core elements of your program of study plan, with the expectation of finalizing the plan with Dr. Watson. (We can finalize this once you are accepted and we allow for authentic dialogue and planning). Examples may include:
- Develop a program of creative scholarship, caring inquiry, enlightened models for education, clinical scholarship-practice
- Complete an agreed-to personal/professional project or proposal for funding
- Co-create a joint caring science project among the Caring Science Scholars in the program
- Ontological inquiry of self/cultural practices, translating discovery into professional programs/directions
- Submit articles for publication or a book on your area of interest
- Develop workshops and/or a workbook; create a video documentary
- Other self-generated field of creative scholarship inspired and informed by Unitary Caring Science as Sacred Science and purposive personal pursuits.
Postdoctoral — Tuition based on academic calendar year: July 1, 2022 - June 30, 2023: $8,800
- Due July 1st
Costs subject to change without notice.
For more information contact Dr. Watson firstname.lastname@example.org.
Continuing Postdoctoral — Tuition for participants who need additional time to complete the program or wish to continue training with Jean: $4,400. Pre-approval required.
Summer Scholars 3-Day Summer Intensive Program
Previous WCSI Postdocs & Caring Science Scholars will join the current Postdoctoral Students for a rich focus in Caring Science with Dr. Watson. Postmaster students, colleagues, practitioners of nursing and related fields who wish to know more in-depth knowledge and translation of Caring Science in their personal/professional/work and world are invited to apply.
This 3-day intensive program provides a unique opportunity for Postdoctoral students and Caring Science Scholars to come together with a focused interest and desire to study directly with Dr. Watson in an intimate, group setting.
$1,000 see application info below including tuition payment plans.
Deadline to apply:
June 5, 2022
*Cost subject to change without notice.
To apply, please send a one-page biosketch along with a brief paragraph to Dr. Watson (email@example.com) by June 5th for July 2022 program requesting permission to attend, with background and rationale for participation.
Please submit a $50 non-refundable application fee to begin the process.